Slow Cooked Au Gratin Potatoes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 5 6 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced thick
- cup onion, minced
- 3 Tbl. butter
- 3 Tbl. flour
- 2 cups milk
- 4 oz. smoked gouda, shredded
- 4 oz. sharp cheddar, shredded
- 3 Tbl. parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- cooking spray
- Coat the interior of the slow cooker crock with cooking spray. Evenly layer the potatoes with the onions. Sprinkle each layer with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- In a medium sauce pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the flour and cook for 1 minute, until the butter is completely absorbed. Slowly add the milk and heat for 3 5 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Do not allow the sauce to boil. Remove from heat and add all three cheeses at once. Stir until the cheeses have melted.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the potatoes. Cook the mixture on high for 2 2 1/2 hours and then reduce the temperature to low. Cook for an additional hour, or until the potatoes have completely softened. There should be no need to stir during cooking. Serves about 4 6 people as a side. The recipe can be easily doubled.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psschmidt2 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note