Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 597
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Protein: 45g
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated fat: 6.4g
- Carbohydrate: 60g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sodium: 1629mg
- Cholesterol: 86mg
- 1 1/4 pounds uncooked mild or hot Italian turkey sausages
- 1 onion (about 1/2 lb.), peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 8 ounces dried lasagna
- 2 cups fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 1 can (about 15 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (about 8 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- Chopped parsley
- 1. Remove and discard sausage casings.
- 2. In a 4- to 5-quart nonstick pan over high heat, combine sausages, onion, and garlic. With a spoon, break meat into small pieces and stir often until mixture is browned, about 15 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, break the lasagna into 2- to 3-inch pieces.
- 4. To pan, add broth, 2 cups water, tomatoes (with juice), tomato sauce, basil, oregano, and lasagna. Boil, stirring often, until pasta is tender to bite, about 15 minutes.
- 5. Ladle into wide bowls and sprinkle with cheese and parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes