- 1 1/4 pounds uncooked mild or hot Italian turkey sausages
- 1 onion (about 1/2 lb.), peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 8 ounces dried lasagna
- 2 cups fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 1 can (about 15 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (about 8 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- Chopped parsley
- calories 597
- caloriesfromfat 30 %
- protein 45 g
- fat 20 g
- satfat 6.4 g
- carbohydrate 60 g
- fiber 4 g
- sodium 1629 mg
- cholesterol 86 mg
How to Make It
Remove and discard sausage casings.
In a 4- to 5-quart nonstick pan over high heat, combine sausages, onion, and garlic. With a spoon, break meat into small pieces and stir often until mixture is browned, about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, break the lasagna into 2- to 3-inch pieces.
To pan, add broth, 2 cups water, tomatoes (with juice), tomato sauce, basil, oregano, and lasagna. Boil, stirring often, until pasta is tender to bite, about 15 minutes.
Ladle into wide bowls and sprinkle with cheese and parsley.