I made this recipe as described we thought it was pretty spicy -but I did use a pretty potent chili powder....
Sloppy José Sandwiches With Cilantro Slaw
More From Southern Living
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 (8-ounce) cans no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 honey wheat hamburger buns, toasted
- Cilantro Slaw
- 1. Cook onion in hot oil in a cast-iron or large skillet over medium heat about 4 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in ground beef and next 6 ingredients, and cook, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes or until beef crumbles and is no longer pink.
- 2. Spoon beef mixture on bottom halves of toasted buns; top with about 3 tablespoons Cilantro Slaw and remaining bun halves. Serve with remaining Cilantro Slaw.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note