I really liked this recipe. I didn't have any chili sauce, so I used 1/2 c. tomato sauce, 11-/2 t. vinegar, dash of cloves, 1 T brown sugar, 1/8 t. garlic powder & 1/2 t. chili powder. I will definitely make this again. Thanks for sharing.
Photo: Kate Sears; Styling: Gerri Williams
More From Allyou
Total: 40 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 349
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 17g
- Carbohydrate: 58g
- Fiber: 7g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Sodium: 1013mg
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 ounces extra lean ground turkey breast
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 10.5-oz can small red beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup fat-free refried beans
- Salt and pepper
- 8 whole-wheat hamburger buns
- 1. In a bowl, mix chili sauce, ketchup, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and 1/4 cup water. In a nonstick skillet, warm oil over medium heat. Add turkey, onion and jalapeño; cook, stirring and breaking up meat, until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Add garlic; sauté for 1 minute.
- 2. Sprinkle flour on top and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add ketchup mixture and tomatoes, reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 5 minutes, stirring. Add red and refried beans; cook for 5 minutes, stirring often. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3. Split and toast hamburger buns. Divide mixture among buns and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes