Sloppy Joe Shepherd's Pie
Take the Sloppy Joe ground beef base, and make it into a casserole that's big enough to serve your family and a couple of friends.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 30 Minutes
Stand: 5 Minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/4 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup bottled barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapeños (optional)
- 1 tablespoon liquid from pickled jalapeños (optional)
- 1 (22-ounce) package frozen mashed potatoes
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink; drain well. Return cooked beef to skillet.
- Stir in tomatoes, next 3 ingredients, and, if desired, jalapeños and liquid. Spoon into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Prepare frozen mashed potatoes according to package directions. Stir in 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese, sliced green onions, salt, and pepper. Spread evenly over meat mixture in casserole dish, spreading potatoes to edge of dish.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes; sprinkle 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese on top of potatoes. Bake 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note