Sloppy Joe Sandwiches
Community Recipe from
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 4 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried basil
- 1 tablespoon(s) dried oregano
- 1 1/4 pound(s) lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound(s) prosciutto, finely chopped
- 1 15-ounce can(s) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup(s) ketchup
- 2 tablespoon(s) balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 bulkie rolls, toasted
- 6 slice(s) provolone cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan over medium-high, combine the olive oil, garlic, onion, paprika, basil and oregano. Sauté until the onion is tender and seasonings are fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- 2. Add the ground beef and prosciutto. Sauté until the beef is cooked through and the prosciutto begins to brown, about 8 minutes. Add the tomato sauce, ketchup and vinegar and bring to a simmer. Stir in the Parmesan, then season with salt and pepper.
- 3. Set the oven to broil.
- 4. Arrange the bottom halves of the rolls on a baking sheet, then spoon some of the sloppy Joe mixture onto each. Top each with a slice of provolone, then broil just until the cheese starts to melt. Top with the other halves of the rolls.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes