Sloppy Joe Sandwiches
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 4 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried basil
- 1 tablespoon(s) dried oregano
- 1 1/4 pound(s) lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound(s) prosciutto, finely chopped
- 1 15-ounce can(s) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup(s) ketchup
- 2 tablespoon(s) balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 bulkie rolls, toasted
- 6 slice(s) provolone cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan over medium-high, combine the olive oil, garlic, onion, paprika, basil and oregano. Sauté until the onion is tender and seasonings are fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- 2. Add the ground beef and prosciutto. Sauté until the beef is cooked through and the prosciutto begins to brown, about 8 minutes. Add the tomato sauce, ketchup and vinegar and bring to a simmer. Stir in the Parmesan, then season with salt and pepper.
- 3. Set the oven to broil.
- 4. Arrange the bottom halves of the rolls on a baking sheet, then spoon some of the sloppy Joe mixture onto each. Top each with a slice of provolone, then broil just until the cheese starts to melt. Top with the other halves of the rolls.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note