- 3/4 pound lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury® Grands!® Homestyle refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper Jack or Cheddar cheese (2 oz)
How to Make It
Heat oven to 375°F. In 10-inch skillet, cook beef, onion, garlic and bell pepper over medium-high heat until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, pepper and brown sugar.
Separate dough into 8 biscuits; place each biscuit in ungreased regular-size muffin cups (2 3/4x1 1/4 inches). Firmly press dough in bottom and up side of each cup, forming 1/4-inch rim. If desired, brush tops and sides of biscuits with an egg wash before baking. To make the egg wash, beat 1 egg yolk and 1/4 teaspoon water until well blended.
Spoon about 1/3 cup beef mixture into dough-lined cups. Sprinkle each biscuit with 1 tablespoon shredded cheese.
Bake 17 to 20 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown and cheese is melted.