Sliders with Cheddar and Onions
These mini burgers satiate your craving for beef without the guilt of a ½-pound serving. Cook the burgers in a pan or on a grill over medium-high heat. Mini hamburger buns or Parker House Rolls are perfect.
More From Oxmoor House
Total: 26 Minutes
- Calories: 382
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 11.9g
- Saturated fat: 3.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.8g
- Protein: 34.2g
- Carbohydrate: 38g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 68mg
- Iron: 3.3mg
- Sodium: 618mg
- Calcium: 184mg
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup vertically sliced onion
- 1 pound 93% lean ground beef
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (1-ounce) slices reduced-fat cheddar cheese, quartered
- 8 (1.4-ounce) slider rolls
- Toppings (optional): lettuce, ketchup, canola mayonnaise, prepared mustard
- 1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add onion; cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Remove onion from pan; do not wipe pan.
- 2. While onion cooks, combine beef, salt, and pepper; shape into 8 (1/2-inch-thick) patties. Add patties to drippings in pan. Cook 4 minutes on each side or until done, topping each patty with 1 cheese quarter during last 2 minutes of cooking time. Remove from pan. Add 4 rolls, cut sides down, to drippings in pan. Cook 1 minute or until toasted. Repeat procedure with remaining 4 rolls.
- 3. Place patties on bottom halves of rolls; top patties evenly with onion. Cover with top halves of buns. Serve with desired toppings.
- Tip: You can season the beef and shape the patties in the morning; then when you get home they're ready to go.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note