I'm giving these a high rating but I made only 12 oz of lamb and THREE TIMES the spices indicated. Can't imagine using less. Used regular amount of mint, though. Served with some grilled eggplant slices, pita bread, and a crisp green salad with kalamata olives and a sprinkle of feta cheese.
Slider Patties with Pomegranate Molasses
Here's an easy take on sliders that uses pomegranate molasses as a secret ingredient. It's available in Middle Eastern grocery stores and at large, well-stocked supermarkets. It is inexpensive and keeps well and for a long time at room temperature. I usually serve these slider patties with rice or bread, a salad, and one or two vegetable sides.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 25 Minutes
- Calories: 282
- Fat: 15.2g
- Saturated fat: 6.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 19g
- Carbohydrate: 14g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 75mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 423mg
- Calcium: 56mg
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh mint
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pound lean ground lamb
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Cooking spray
- 1. Combine 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses, mint, and the next 7 ingredients (through garlic); stir to combine. Divide mixture into 16 equal portions; gently shape each into a 1/4-inch-thick patty.
- 2. Heat a grill pan over high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add patties to pan; cook 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Place patties on a platter; lightly brush patties with remaining 1 tablespoon molasses.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This