- 4 ears Silver Queen or other sweet corn (2 1/2 cups kernels)
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 6 fresh basil leaves, cut into very thin strips, divided
- 2 pounds heirloom tomatoes (such as Cherokee Purple, German Johnson, or Striped German) or any good ripe summer tomatoes, sliced
- 1 pint Sungold, cherry, or grape tomatoes, cut in half
- Rice Wine Vinaigrette with Herbs
How to Make It
Cut corn kernels off the cob directly into a bowl, and toss with vinegar. Heat oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat until hot, and add corn mixture. Season with sea salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, about 2 minutes or until corn is slightly steamed. Remove from heat, and stir in half the basil.
Arrange heirloom tomato slices on a platter or individual plates. Add Sungold tomato halves, and top with corn mixture. Drizzle with Rice Wine Vinaigrette with Herbs, and top with remaining basil. Season with additional sea salt and pepper just before serving.