I made this recipie once and then couldn't find it again so have been trying a different one. Finally stumbled on it again and glad I did. I like it better than the recent one I have been trying. Flavor is good and easy to prepare. I used basic flank steak but I imagine the filet mignon would be even better. I also used spinach tortillas because I couldn't find whole wheat ones.
Sliced Filet Mignon Wrap with Pear-Onion Relish and Blue-Cheese Dressing
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 728
- Calories from fat: 62%
- Protein: 30g
- Fat: 50g
- Saturated fat: 19g
- Carbohydrate: 43g
- Fiber: 5.3g
- Sodium: 1400mg
- Cholesterol: 112mg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 ripe pear, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 2 filet mignon steaks (each 1 in. thick; about 1 lb. total)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or canola oil
- 4 whole-wheat tortillas
- 2 cups loosely packed spinach leaves
- 1. Melt butter in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and pear. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with sugar, turn heat to low, and cook until light brown, about 10 minutes. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, and blue cheese.
- 2. Salt and pepper both sides of the steaks. Heat a large frying pan (not nonstick) over medium-high heat. Add the oil, let heat until rippling, and put in steaks. Cook steaks until they can be turned easily, about 4 minutes. Turn over and cook 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest 10 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, wipe oil from frying pan and warm tortillas, one at a time, over low heat.
- 4. Thinly slice steaks. Spread about 2 tbsp. blue-cheese dressing on each tortilla, leaving a 1-in. margin on all sides. Top each with 1/2 cup spinach leaves, 1/4 of the steak slices, and 2 tbsp. onion-pear relish. Fold bottom inch of tortillas over ?fillings and fold over sides to form wraps.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes