Slice 'n' Bake Coffee Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup toasted and skinned whole hazelnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon hazelnut-flavored instant coffee granules
- Beat butter at medium speed of an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add 1 cup sugar, beating well. Add egg and vanilla, beating until blended.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to butter mixture, beating well. Stir in hazelnuts. Divide dough in half; shape into 11" logs.
- Combine 1/4 cup sugar and coffee granules; stir well. Roll each log in sugar mixture, coating heavily. Wrap each log in wax paper. Chill logs until firm.
- Cut dough into 1/4" thick slices, and place on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks, and cool completely. Store in an airtight container up to 1 week.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Slice 'n' Bake Coffee Cookies Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This