Slice-and-Bake Coconut Shortbread
More From Southern Living
Chill: 4 Hours
Bake: 12 Minutes
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup toasted coconut
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating until mixture is smooth. Stir in coconut and vanilla.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating at low speed until blended.
- Shape dough into 3 (10-inch) logs; wrap logs separately in wax paper, and chill 4 hours. Cut each log into 28 slices, and place slices 1 inch apart on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are golden. Cool on wire racks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note