Skirt Steak with Gorgonzola Polenta from Cooking Light
Serve this meat and starch combo with steamed haricots verts or a mixed green salad. Garnish with fresh thyme.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cup(s) fat-free, lower sodium chicken broth divided
- 1 tablespoon(s) fat-free, lower sodium chicken broth divided
- 2/3 cup(s) quick-cooking polenta
- 1 ounce(s) Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) kosher salt divided
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper divided
- Cooking Spray
- 1 pound(s) skirt steak trimmed & cut into 4 pieces
- 1 teaspoon(s) unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon(s) finely chopped shallots
- 1/2 cup(s) dry red wine
- 1 teaspoon(s) chopped fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) honey
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cornstarch
- 1 cup(s) 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1. Combine 2 cups broth & milk in a medium saucepan over medium heat; bring to a boil. Gradually whisk polenta into broth mixture, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 4 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Stir in cheese, 1/4 teaspoon salt & 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cover; let stand 5 minutes.
- 2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle steak evenly with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add steak to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Transfer to a cutting board; cover loosely with foil.
- 3. Melt butter in skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots; saute 1 minute. Add wine, thyme, and honey; bring to a boil. Cook until reduced by half (about 2 minutes). Combine remaining 1 tablespoon broth and cornstarch in a small bowl, stirring with whisk. Add cornstarch mixture to skillet; cook 1 minute or until sauce slightly thickens. Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices. Spoon 2 tablespoons sauce onto each of 4 plates. Top each serving with 1/2 cup polenta and 3 ounces steak.
- CALORIES: 367 FAT: 13.7g (sat.6.5g, mono.5.4g, poly.0.5g) PROTEIN: 30g
- CARB: 20.4g FIBER: 2.9g CHOL: 78mg IRON: 2.7mg SODIUM: 670mg
- CALC: 123 mg.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by marybillingsley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Skirt Steak with Gorgonzola Polenta from Cooking Light Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes