Skirt Steak with Corn Cakes / Real Simple
30 minutes total; 501 calories
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound(s) skirt steak, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 3/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup(s) cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 cup(s) whole milk
- 1 whole(s) large egg
- 1 cup(s) corn kernels (from 1 to 2 ears), plus more for serving
- sour cream
- fresh salsa
- grated Cheddar
- cut-up avocado
- fresh cilantro
- hot sauce
- lime wedges
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the steak with the chili powder and ½ teaspoon salt. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let the steak rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, 1 teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Make a well in the center and add the milk, egg, and 1 tablespoon of the oil. Whisk together the wet ingredients, then incorporate the dry ingredients (do not overmix). Mix in the corn.
- Heat the remaining teaspoon of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Working in batches, drop heaping ¼-cup portions of batter into the skillet and cook until golden brown and cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Serve the corn cakes topped with the steak, corn, sour cream, salsa, Cheddar, avocado, cilantro, hot sauce, and lime wedges.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kateseats59 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Skirt Steak with Corn Cakes / Real Simple Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes