Skirt Steak Romesco
Photo: John Kernick
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Real Simple
Other: 25 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 864
- Calories from fat: 53%
- Fat: 51g
- Saturated fat: 13g
- Cholesterol: 102mg
- Sodium: 886mg
- Carbohydrate: 62g
- Fiber: 8g
- Sugars: 6g
- Protein: 43g
- 6 Yukon gold potatoes (about 2 1/2 pounds), cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks (peeled, if desired)
- 1 skirt steak (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) roasted almonds
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated Parmesan
- 1 12-ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar (or red wine vinegar)
- 1 small bunch watercress
- Heat grill to medium-high.
Place the potatoes in a large pot. Add enough cold water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, season the steak with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the black pepper. Grill until cooked to the desired doneness, 3 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
Meanwhile, in a food processor, pulse the almonds. Add the garlic, Parmesan, red peppers, oil, vinegar, and the remaining salt and black pepper and pulse. Drain the potatoes, return them to the pot, add 1 cup of the romesco sauce, and toss. Divide the potatoes, steak, and watercress among individual plates. Spoon the remaining sauce over the steak.
Tip: You can also spoon this rich, earthy romesco sauce over grilled chicken, broiled fish, roast vegetables, baked potatoes, or fried eggs.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This