- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds skirt steak
- Fennel Slaw
- 1 1/4 cups thinly sliced fennel bulb
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced celery
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon diced jalapeno pepper
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon table salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
How to Make It
Prepare Steak: Preheat grill to 350°F to 400°F (medium-high). In a large zip-top plastic bag, combine the vinegar, olive oil, garlic, mustard, salt, and pepper. Shake to combine. Add steak to the bag, seal bag, and marinate 30 minutes. Remove steak from marinade, discarding marinade.
Grill steak, turning once, 10 minutes total for medium-rare (or until desired doneness). Let steak rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
Prepare Fennel Slaw: Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, and toss together. Chill until ready to serve.
Slice each strip of steak in half to make 2 shorter strips. Slice down the long side (across the grain) of each strip to create 1/2-inch-thick slices. Serve steak with Fennel Slaw.