I thought these were really good - easy, and great way to make healthy burgers with veggies too!
Skinnytaste.com Turkey Burgers with Zucchini
Want your kids to eat more veggies? Hide them in their burgers, they'll never know! I'm in experimental mode this weekend and played around with adding zucchini to my turkey burgers. This was great for so many reasons! Not only did they taste great, adding zucchini also lowered the calories and fat per serving, it made one extra burger and what a great to get your picky kids to eat their vegetables.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/4 pound(s) 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 small zucchini grated
- 1/4 cup(s) seasoned whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 clove(s) garlic grated
- salt and fresh pepper
- oil spray
- This made 5 big burgers. Serve them on low point hamburger buns and top with lettuce, tomatoes, red onion slices, pickles, ketchup or mustard (add extra points). These can be grilled or cooked indoors.
- For best results: use a hand grater to grate the zucchini, onion and garlic super fine. Get the pan hot before you put the burgers on to get a nice sear, then lowered the flame to the lowest setting to let the burgers cook all the way through, turning a few times so the burgers don't burn.
- Servings: 5 • Size: 1 burger no bun • Old Points: 3 pts (bun extra) • Points+: 4 pts
- Calories: 156 • Fat: 6.8 g • Protein: 18.6 g • Carb: 5.5 g • Fiber: 1.3 g
- In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, zucchini, breadcrumbs, garlic, onion, salt and pepper. Make 5 equal patties.
- Heat a large skillet on high heat. When hot, lightly spray oil. Add burgers to the pan and reduce the heat to low. Cook on one side until browned, then flip. Flip over a few times to prevent burning and to make sure the burgers are cooked all the way through.
- If grilling, clean grill well before cooking and spray with oil spray to prevent sticking. (Grill approx. 5 min. on each side)
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KellyDiff and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note