Skinny Zucchini Parmesan Chicken Nuggets
- 1 pound(s) boneless chicken tenderloins, cut into nugget-sized pieces
- 1 cup(s) buttermilk
- 1/2 cup(s) finely grated zucchini, squeezed dry with a paper towel
- 2 cup(s) cornflakes, finely crushed
- 1/4 cup(s) cornmeal or whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup(s) finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon(s) smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) pepper
- Spicy Sriracha Basil Ketchup:
- 1/2 cup(s) ketchup
- 2 tablespoon(s) Sriracha (hot chili sauce)
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1. To make the Spicy Sriracha Basil Ketchup, add the ketchup and Sriracha to a small sauce pot. Heat over medium heat until just under boiling. Remove from heat and immediately stir in the fresh basil. Transfer to a serving bowl and set aside to cool.
- 2. Preheat the oven to 475°F. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray or brush it with the olive oil.
- 3. Add the chicken to a large bowl and pour the buttermilk over the top. Mix well and set aside.
- 4. Grate the zucchini and squeeze out the liquid using a paper towel or dish towel.
- 5. In a shallow pie dish or large bowl, add the grated zucchini, crushed cornflakes, cornmeal or whole wheat four, parmesan cheese, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- 6. Remove each piece of chicken from the buttermilk, and dredge through the crumbs, pressing gently to adhere. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat until all the chicken has been used. Make sure not to crowd your pan, if necessary use two baking sheets. Spray each chicken nugget with non-stick spray or a mist of olive oil.
- 7. Bake for 10-12 minutes, then gently flip using kitchen tongs and spray the other side. Bake for 10-12 minutes more, then remove from oven and serve with the Spicy Sriracha Basil Ketchup or your favorite dipping sauce.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note