Skinny Scampi - Rachel Ray
Community Recipe from
- 1 spaghetti squash, about 3 lbs. halved lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon(s) plus 2 tsp. EVOO
- 1 small red bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 1/2 pound(s) large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup(s) vegetable broth or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon(s) chopped flat-leaf parsley
- salt and pepper
- 1 clove(s) garlic, finely chopped
- 1. Place the squash cut sides down in a large, microwaveable dish. Add 1/3 cup water and MW on high until tender, about 10 minutes. Let cool, then remove the seeds.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp. EVOO over medium heat. Add the bell pepper and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until they begin to soften, about 3 minutes. Add the shrimp, broth and lemon juice and cook, tossing occasionally, until the shrimp are firm and pink, about 5 minutes. Stir in lemon zest and parsley, remove from heat.
- 3. Using a fork, rake the spaghetti squash lenghtwise to remove the flesh. Toss the squash with the remaining 2 tsp. EVOO. Season with salt and pepper.
- 4. Divide among plates and top with shrimp; drizzle with sauce.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kateseats59 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Skinny Scampi - Rachel Ray Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes