Skinny Ice-Cream Sandwich Sundaes
Yield: Makes 12 servings
More From Southern Living
Freeze: 30 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 112
- Fat: 3.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 3.1g
- Carbohydrate: 19.8g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Cholesterol: 1mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 72mg
- Calcium: 4mg
- Wax paper
- 6 reduced-fat ice-cream sandwiches
- 4 extra-dark chocolate squares, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped lightly salted peanuts*
- Strawberry Sauce
- Toppings: diced fresh pineapple, diced kiwifruit
- 1. Line a baking sheet with wax paper; top with ice-cream sandwiches.
- 2. Microwave chocolate in a microwave-safe glass measuring cup at HIGH 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring at 30-second intervals. Immediately spoon 1 tsp. melted chocolate onto each ice-cream sandwich, and sprinkle with nuts; lightly press nuts into chocolate. Lightly cover with plastic wrap, and freeze sandwiches 30 minutes.
- 3. Cut each sandwich into quarters, and place 2 pieces in each of 12 small bowls. Drizzle with 1 Tbsp. Strawberry Sauce, and sprinkle with desired toppings. Serve immediately.
- *Toasted pecans may be substituted. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake 1/4 cup chopped pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 7 to 8 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring occasionally.
- Note: We tested with Hershey's All Natural Extra Dark Chocolate (60% Cacao) squares and The Skinny Cow Low Fat Vanilla Ice Cream Sandwiches.
- Note: Nutritional analysis includes 1 Tbsp. Strawberry Sauce (not including toppings).
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Skinny Ice-Cream Sandwich Sundaes Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Desserts