Skinny Chicken Enchilaas
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) chicken breasts
- 1 can(s) black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can(s) corn drained
- 16 ounce(s) fresh salsa
- 3 tablespoon(s) taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup(s) water optional
- 12 small corn tortillas
- 1 cup(s) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado diced
- 1/4 cup(s) crema
- fesh cilantro, cotija cheese
- 1. Put the first 6 ingredients in a crockpot. If your salsa is not very saucy, be sure to include the 1/4 cup water or more if necessary. Cook on high for about 3 hours (or longer on the low setting) until chicken is cooked through. You can also cut the chicken breasts into halves to help them cook faster. Use 2 forks to shred the chicken and mix everything together.
- 2. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Soften the corn tortillas in the microwave, 3 at a time, for about 25 seconds. Fill them with a few tablespoons of filling, roll once, and place seam-side down in a large baking dish (I did 2 smaller baking dishes). Continue until all tortillas have been filled, rolled and placed in dish. Be sure to pack them in tightly next to each other so that they don’t come apart.
- 3. Sprinkle evenly with the shredded cheese and bake for about 15-20 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly and everything is heated through.
- 4. Remove from oven and drizzle with crema. Sprinkle with avocado pieces, fresh cilantro, and Cotija cheese crumbles.
- For the crema, I just made a fake-out version with about 3 tbs. sour cream and 2 tbs. cream. I whisked it together until it was smooth, creamy, and drizzle-able. Also, I used part yellow corn and part shoepeg corn, which made the texture more interesting.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by bfogler and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Skinny Chicken Enchilaas Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes