This is the best Caesar dressing ever! My 9 year old agrees!
A Skinny Caesar
Grilled chicken caesar salad gets a makeover with dressing made from silken soft tofu. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese and fat free croutons.
More From Health
- Calories: 269
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 31g
- Carbohydrate: 13g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 69mg
- Iron: 2.5mg
- Sodium: 510mg
- Calcium: 178mg
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 plus 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 plus 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/2 cup silken soft tofu
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons grated and 1/4 cup shaved fresh Parmesan cheese
- 8 cups romaine lettuce cut crosswise into 2-inch strips
- 1 1/4 cups fat-free croutons
- 1. Heat grill pan to medium-high. Mist chicken breasts with olive oil spray, and season with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Grill chicken until just cooked through, about 5–6 minutes per side. Place chicken on a cutting board and let rest about 5 minutes to allow juices to redistribute; cut into bite-size pieces.
- 2. Mix next 8 ingredients and remaining salt and pepper in a blender until well-combined and creamy, scraping down blender sides, as necessary. Add 1 tablespoon water to thin. Stir in grated Parmesan.
- 3. Toss lettuce, croutons, and dressing in a large bowl; divide among 4 plates. Arrange chicken over salads, sprinkling each evenly with shaved Parmesan.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note