Skillet Turkey Tamale Pie
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) lean ground turkey or beef
- 1 whole(s) yellow onion chopped
- 1 whole(s) small green bell pepper chopped
- 2 teaspoon(s) garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt (optional)
- 1 can(s) diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon(s) ground chili powder
- 1 tablespoon(s) ground cumin
- 1 can(s) whole kernel corn drained
- 1 package(s) corn muffin mix
- 1/4 cup(s) cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 tablespoon(s) scallion chopped
- Heat oven to 350F. In 9-inch ovenproof skillet, cook meat, onion, bell pepper and garlic until meat browns, about 8 minutes; drain fat. Stir in salt, tomatoes, chili powder, cumin and corn. Cook until juices thicken, about 4 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare corn muffin mix according to package. Spread batter over meat mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and scallion. Bake until corn bread is done, about 20 minutes. Cut into wedges or spoon onto plates.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by YUMMY80 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note