Skillet Tortilla Casserole
This vegetarian main dish is cooked entirely in the skillet.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: one-fourth casserole, 1 tablespoon cilantro, 1 tablespoon radishes, and 1 tablespoon sour cream)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 365
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 10.8g
- Saturated fat: 4.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 15.3g
- Carbohydrate: 56.6g
- Fiber: 7.6g
- Cholesterol: 21mg
- Iron: 3.9mg
- Sodium: 415mg
- Calcium: 276mg
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed and divided
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can no-salt-added whole tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chiles
- 6 (6-inch) corn tortillas, quartered
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup sliced radishes
- 1/4 cup low-fat sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Heat oil in a 10-inch cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add onion, and sauté 5 minutes. Add 3/4 cup corn; sauté over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Add oregano, cumin, and garlic; sauté 30 seconds. Add flour; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add tomatoes, beans, and chiles, and cook 2 minutes or until thick. Remove from heat; spoon bean mixture into a bowl.
- Spread 1/2 cup bean mixture over the bottom of skillet. Arrange half of tortilla quarters over bean mixture in skillet, overlapping slightly. Spread half of remaining bean mixture over tortilla quarters; sprinkle with green onions and 1/4 cup cilantro. Repeat with remaining tortillas and bean mixture. Top with 1/4 cup corn, cheese, and paprika.
- Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove from oven; let stand 10 minutes. Spoon onto 4 plates; top with 1/4 cup cilantro, radishes, and sour cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note