Taco seasoning plus mashed potatoes didn't really do much for us. I thought we'd try it and see but we all agreed that it wouldn't be worth making again. It was quick but that's about all I can say about it.
Skillet Stuffed Peppers
Becky Luigart-Stayner; Cindy Manning Barr
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 338
- Calories from fat: 36%
- Fat: 13.4g
- Saturated fat: 5.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 20.1g
- Carbohydrate: 29.3g
- Fiber: 5.1g
- Cholesterol: 59mg
- Iron: 2.4mg
- Sodium: 663mg
- Calcium: 48mg
- 2 large green bell peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 pound ground round
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (1.25-ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (20-ounce) package refrigerated mashed potatoes (such as Simply Potatoes)
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- Cracked black pepper (optional)
- Place the bell pepper halves, cut sides down, on a microwave-safe dish; cover with plastic wrap. Microwave at HIGH 3 minutes and 30 seconds or until pepper halves are crisp-tender. Let stand, covered, 3 minutes (peppers will soften).
- While the peppers cook, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add beef to pan; cook 3 minutes, stirring to crumble. Add water and seasoning, and stir to combine. Cover, reduce heat, and cook 5 minutes or until done.
- While beef cooks and peppers stand, cook the potatoes in microwave according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- Spoon 1/2 cup beef mixture into each pepper half; top each with 2/3 cup potatoes. Sprinkle each pepper half with 1 tablespoon cheese. Garnish with black pepper, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note