Skillet Spanish Rice
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) Long grain rice uncooked
- 1 onion diced
- 1 can(s) diced tomatoes drained; reserve liquid
- 1 can(s) green chile diced
- 2 cup(s) liquid Use reserved juice and add sufficient water to make 2 cups
- 1 pound(s) ground beef
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter or margarine
- Brown ground beef with onion in large heavy skillet. In a separate skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of butter, and brown the 1 cup of rice in the butter until it is golden. Add the rice to the browned hamburger and mix well. Add tomatoes and green chiles and mix well. Add liquid; stir well, lower heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes until rice is tender. Remove lid; stir; continue to cook without cover until any extra liquid is absorbed. Serve with green salad.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by BarbaraCarson and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Skillet Spanish Rice Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes