- 4 slices thick-cut bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (3 oz.)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 cups long-grain rice
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- calories 333
- fat 10 g
- satfat 2 g
- protein 25 g
- carbohydrate 34 g
- fiber 2 g
- cholesterol 132 mg
- sodium 903 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375°F. Place bacon in a large ovenproof skillet and cook over medium heat until crisp, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a papertowel- lined plate to drain.
Discard all but 1 Tbsp. fat from pan. Add onion, garlic and bell pepper to pan and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add rice and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes, broth, Old Bay seasoning and salt; bring mixture to a boil.
Cover and transfer pan to oven. Cook until rice is tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Uncover, lay shrimp on rice, re-cover, and continue to bake until shrimp are opaque, another 5 to 7 minutes. Sprinkle with bacon and serve.