We really liked it, used Jimmy Dean hot sausage instead, def gonna make it more, easy & yum!
Skillet Sausage 'n' Rice
More From Southern Living
- 1 (16-oz.) package smoked sausage
- 1 medium-size green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 (3.5-oz.) bags quick-cooking brown rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley
- 1. Cut sausage into 1/2-inch slices. Sauté in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove sausage slices, and drain on paper towels, reserving 1 Tbsp. drippings in skillet.
- 2. Add bell pepper, onion, and garlic to skillet, and sauté over medium-high heat 4 minutes or until tender. Add chicken broth, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of skillet, and bring to a boil. Remove rice from cooking bag; add rice, sausage, salt, and pepper to skillet. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook 5 minutes or until rice is tender. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes