- 1/2 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1/2 (12-ounce) package 50%-less-fat breakfast sausage
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced carrot
- 1 poblano chile, cut into strips
- 1 (8-ounce) package pre-sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed and drained
- 1 teaspoon beef-flavored bouillon granules
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- calories 316
- fat 11.7 g
- satfat 3.2 g
- protein 13.8 g
- carbohydrate 42.6 g
- cholesterol 30 mg
- iron 3.6 mg
- sodium 698 mg
- caloriesfromfat 32 %
- fiber 6.8 g
- calcium 47 mg
How to Make It
Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
Cook sausage in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 4 minutes, stirring to crumble. Set aside.
Add onion and next 3 ingredients to pan; cook 4 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring frequently. Add mushrooms and next 4 ingredients; cook 4 minutes or until carrot is crisp-tender.
Remove from heat; stir in sausage, parsley, oil, and salt. Cover and let stand 3 minutes. Toss with rice.