Skillet Salmon & Parmesan Potatoes
Salmon, like tuna, is packed with metabolism-boosting omega-3 fatty acids. This dish also features CLA in the cheese, Resistant Starch from the potatoes, and fiber from the greens.
Resistant Starch: 2.1g
More From Health
Total: 20 Minutes
- Calories: 410
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 30g
- Carbohydrate: 49g
- Fiber: 7g
- Cholesterol: 50mg
- Sodium: 660mg
- 1 (6-ounce) salmon fillet (about 1-inch thick)
- Cooking spray
- 2 medium potatoes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons low-fat balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 lemon
- 1. Heat a nonstick skillet or grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat fish with cooking spray. Add fish to pan, and cook 6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- 2. While fish cooks, pierce potatoes with a fork; arrange in a circle on paper towels in a microwave oven. Microwave at HIGH 810 minutes, turning potatoes after 5 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes.
- 3. Cut the cooked potatoes in half, and sprinkle with the salt, pepper, and Parmesan cheese.
- 4. Combine greens, tomatoes, and vinaigrette in a bowl; toss gently.
- 5. Cut lemon in half, and squeeze lemon juice over fish. Serve salmon with potatoes and salad.
- Carb Star: Potatoes
- 1 to 3.7 grams of Resistant Starch
- In addition to fiber and Resistant Starch, potatoes are a natural source of a proteinase inhibitor, a natural chemical that boosts satiety hormones and curbs appetite. Potatoes are also incredibly filling andat 300 calories for a large, baked spudgreat for weight loss.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes