Skillet Rosemary Chicken
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 0.75 pound(s) red-skinned potatoes (small) quartered
- Kosher salt
- 2 sprig(s) rosemary, fresh
- 1 tablespoon(s) rosemary leaves
- 1 clove(s) garlic smashed
- pinch(s) red pepper flakes
- 2 lemons squeezed/juiced
- 2 tablespoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts bone in, skin on
- 10 ounce(s) cremini mushrooms halved
- Preheat the oven to 450. Cover the potatoes with cold water in a saucepan and salt the water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook until tender, about 8 minutes; drain and set aside.
- Pile the rosemary leaves, garlic, 2 teaspoons salt and the red pepper flakes on a cutting board, then mince and mash into a paste using a large knife. Transfer the paste to a bowl. Stir in the juice of 1 lemon and the olive oil. Add the chicken and turn to coat.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, skin-side down, cover and cook until the skin browns, about 5 minutes. Turn the chicken; add the mushrooms and potatoes to the skillet and drizzle with the juice of the remaining lemon.
- Add the rosemary sprigs and the squeezed lemon halves to the skillet; transfer to the oven and roast, uncovered, until the chicken is cooked through and the skin is crisp, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Per serving: Calories 413; Fat 23 g (Saturated 5 g); Cholesterol 87 mg; Sodium 1,055 mg; Carbohydrate 19 g; Fiber 2 g; Protein 32 g
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Schwacho and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note