Skillet-roasted White Fish
Community Recipe from
- 4 whole(s) skinless white fish fillets 1 to 1 1/2" thick (about 6-8 oz each)
- 1 pinch(s) kosher salt
- 1 pinch(s) black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) grapeseed oil
- 1/2 whole(s) lemon cut in wedges
- 1. Heat oven to 425. Dry fish thoroughly with paper towels and season with salt and pepper on both sides. Sprinkle a very light dusting of sugar (about 1/8 tsp per fillet) evenly over ONE side of each fillet.
- 2. Heat oil in a large ovensafe skillet over high heat, until smoking. Place fillets in skillet, sugared sides down, and press down lightly to ensure even contact with pan. Cook until browned, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes.
- 3. Flip the fillets and transfer skillet to oven. Roast fillets until centers are just opaque (135 degrees on an instant-read thermometer); about 7-10 minutes (depending on thickness of fillet).
- Serve with lemon wedges.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CKSchirmeier and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Skillet-roasted White Fish Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes