- Cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (7-ounce) jar bottled roasted red bell peppers, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cooked lasagna noodles
- 1 1/2 cups bottled pasta sauce, divided
- 1 cup 1% low-fat cottage cheese, divided
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry, divided
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- calories 335
- fat 8.2 g
- satfat 4.8 g
- protein 24 g
- carbohydrate 40.9 g
- cholesterol 23 mg
- iron 2.7 mg
- sodium 924 mg
- caloriesfromfat 22 %
- fiber 3.9 g
- calcium 380 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°.
Place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over high heat. Add bell pepper and onion to skillet; sauté 3 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat; add red pepper, basil, and garlic.
Cut each lasagna noodle in half. Place 4 halves in bottom of an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with 1/2 cup pasta sauce, 2/3 cup red pepper mixture, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1/3 cup spinach, and 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers one time. Top with remaining 4 noodles, 1/2 cup pasta sauce, 1/2 cup red pepper mixture, and mozzarella cheese.
Bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.