This is a great recipe and easy to make. This is a keeper. I made it for dinner last night and it was so good I am making it for dinner again tonight! My kids liked it thought my daughter thought it was a bit spicy. I plan to reduce the amount of red pepper when I make it again tonight.
Skillet-Roasted Okra and Shrimp
Photo: Squire Fox
More From Southern Living
Total: 30 Minutes
- 1 pound unpeeled, large raw shrimp (3 1/35 count)
- 3 cups (about 8 oz.) fresh okra, cut in half lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pt. heirloom cherry tomatoes
- 3 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- Garnish: thinly sliced okra blossoms
- 1. Peel shrimp; devein, if desired.
- 2. Sauté okra in 1 Tbsp. hot oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat 4 to 5 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a bowl.
- 3. Cook tomatoes in 1 Tbsp. hot oil in skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, 2 to 3 minutes or until skins are charred. Place in bowl with okra.
- 4. Sauté shrimp, garlic, and dried crushed red pepper in remaining 1 Tbsp. hot oil in skillet over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Stir in okra and tomatoes. Add salt and pepper to taste; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes