I completely thought this was going to be boring b/c there is just not much to this recipe but boy was I wrong! I did use the boxed Zataran's Yellow Rice rather than the microwave pouch and we used some very good, small Texas BBQ town sausage and it was delicious! And super quick. Next time I will make the rice during the day and keep it ready to go and that will cut out time down to ten minutes to make. Highly recommend.
Skillet Rice and Sausage
Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
More From Southern Living
- 2 (8.8-ounce) pouches ready-to-serve yellow rice
- 1 (14-ounce) package beef smoked sausage
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup water
- Heat rice according to package directions; set aside.
- Cut sausage into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Cook in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Drain on paper towels. Wipe skillet clean, and return sausage to skillet.
- Stir in rice, diced tomatoes, parsley, and 1/4 cup water. Cook 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Zatarain's New Orleans Style Ready-to-Serve Yellow Rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes