Skillet-Poached Huevos Rancheros
From Real Simple, January 2010, P.145
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 16 ounce(s) Salsa
- 15 1/2 ounce(s) black beans Rinsed
- 4 eggs
- salt and Black Pepper To Taste
- 2 Scallions Sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) cilantro Fresh, Chopped
- 4 Small Flour Tortillas Warmed
- 1/2 cup(s) sour cream
- In a large skillet, combine the salsa and beans. Bring to a simmer.
- Make 4 small wells in teh bean mixture. One at a time crach each egg into a small bowl and slide it gently into a well.
- Season with 1/2 t salt and 1/4 t pepper.
- Cook uncovered over medium heat for 3-5 min for slightly runny yokes.
- Sprinkle with scallions and cilantro. Divide among plates and serve with the tortillas and sour cream.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ZacAndAmber and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Skillet-Poached Huevos Rancheros Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes