Skillet Peach Cobbler
Serve this warm peach cobbler with ice cream for a sweet summer treat and watch as the entire skillet disappears, scoop by scoop.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 430
- Fat: 24g
- Saturated fat: 15g
- Protein: 5g
- Carbohydrate: 50g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 64mg
- Sodium: 251mg
- 16 tablespoons (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 5 ripe but firm peaches, peeled, pitted, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, optional
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- 1. Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Make filling: Melt 3 Tbsp. butter in a 10 1/2-inch cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add peaches and cook, stirring occasionally, until they begin to soften, 3 to 4 minutes. Add 1/4 cup sugar, cinnamon and a pinch of salt and cook, stirring frequently, until sugar has dissolved and peaches are soft and most of their liquid has evaporated, 3 to 5 minutes longer. Remove skillet from heat.
- 2. Combine flour, baking powder, 1/2 tsp. salt, remaining 1/2 cup sugar and remaining 13 Tbsp. butter in a food processor; pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal. With motor running, add milk and vanilla, and process just until a rough dough forms.
- 3. Drop spoonfuls of topping over warm peaches and sprinkle with almonds, if desired. Bake until topping is golden, 30 to 35 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes. Serve warm, topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note