Skillet Mexican Chicken
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 chicken legs and 3/4 cup sauce)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 248
- Fat: 6.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 33.4g
- Carbohydrate: 12.7g
- Cholesterol: 117mg
- Iron: 3.2mg
- Sodium: 681mg
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Calcium: 90mg
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 8 chicken drumsticks (about 2 pounds), skinned
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with Italian seasonings
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 to 1 canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce, mashed
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, and cook 5 minutes or until browned, turning often. Remove chicken.
- Reduce heat to medium; add onion, and sauté 4 minutes or until just opaque.
- Add tomatoes, water, and chile pepper to onion mixture; stir well. Bring sauce to a boil; add chicken, and spoon sauce over chicken to lightly coat. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 50 to 55 minutes or until chicken is done, turning occasionally.
- Place chicken on a serving platter, and spoon sauce over chicken.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes