This is a fabulous and very versatile recipe. You can add shrimp, spinach, ground beef, meatballs, chicken... whatever you want. Easy and quick and very little clean up!
More From Southern Living
Total: 35 Minutes
Stand: 5 Minutes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (26-oz.) jar tomato-and-basil pasta sauce
- 1/2 (12-oz.) package multigrain extra-wide egg noodles
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Italian six-cheese blend
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil (optional)
- 1. Sauté onion and garlic in hot oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in pasta sauce, egg noodles, and 1 cup water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium to medium low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes or until pasta is just tender and liquid is almost absorbed. Stir in salt and crushed red pepper.
- 2. Stir together ricotta and 1/2 cup shredded cheese. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls over pasta. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- 3. Cook, covered, over low heat 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated and cheese is melted. Remove from heat, and let stand 5 minutes. Sprinkle with basil, if desired.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Classico Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce and Ronzoni Healthy Harvest Extra Wide Noodles.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note