Skillet Ham with Pineapple-Ginger Salsa
Dried plums—also known as prunes—are a good source of vitamins A and B, and are high in fiber, iron, calcium, and phosphorus. Not only are they a tasty addition to recipes such as this one, they make a nutritious and delicious snack as well!
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 130
- Fat: 3.0g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 14.6g
- Carbohydrate: 12.4g
- Cholesterol: 36mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 707mg
- Calories from fat: 20%
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Calcium: 13mg
- Cooking spray
- 4 (3-ounce) slices extra-lean, low-sodium ham
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 4 orange essence dried plums, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- Place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add ham and cook 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until thoroughly heated.
- Combine pineapple and next 4 ingredients in a small bowl; serve with ham.
- Note: Canned pineapple tidbits may be substituted for fresh pineapple. Drain tidbits, and reserve 2 tablespoons juice for recipe.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note