Skillet Grits With Seasoned Vegetables
Prep: 10 min., Cook: 20 min. This is a robust, meatless recipe that you can prep in advance. Start by cooking the vegetables. If you make the vegetables a day ahead, cook them a few minutes less to ensure they don't overcook when they're reheated.
- 1 (32-oz.) container chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked regular grits
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup (1.5 oz.) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Seasoned Vegetables
- 1. Bring first 3 ingredients to a boil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Gradually whisk in grits; return to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 to 12 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Whisk in cheeses and pepper until cheeses are melted. Spoon Seasoned Vegetables evenly over grits, and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note