This was delicious! The taste of the pineapple over top of the ham was fantastic. Next time, I am trying it with a honey ham to add a bit more flavor to it. It was also suggested to add cherries to the mix to bring out the flavor of a regular ham steak (if you like cherries). It was so easy to prepare.
Skillet-Grilled Ham with Glazed Pineapple
A dash of curry and a maple syrup glaze transform pineapple into an elegant topping for ham. Steam asparagus or green beans for a quick side.
Prep: 1 minute; Cook: 12 minutes
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 278
- Calories from fat: 49%
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated fat: 5.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 18g
- Carbohydrate: 24.1g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Cholesterol: 62mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 1130mg
- Calcium: 22mg
- Cooking spray
- 1 (1-pound) slice 25%-less-sodium ham (about 1/2 inch thick), cut into 4 pieces
- 2 cups refrigerated prechopped fresh pineapple, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add ham; cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- 2. Combine pineapple, syrup, and curry powder; toss well.
- 3. Melt butter in pan over medium heat; add pineapple mixture. Cook 4 minutes or until pineapple is tender, stirring frequently. Add brown sugar; cook 1 minute or until sugar melts. Serve glazed pineapple over ham.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note