I made this recipe for a potluck and everybody loved them. I didnt have candied jalepenos so I added alittle bit of sugar.
Skillet Green Beans
Photo: Hector Sanchez; Stylist: Buffy Hargett
- 2 pounds haricots verts (thin green beans), trimmed
- 4 thick hickory-smoked bacon slices, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick pieces
- 6 large shallots, quartered
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup syrup from Candied Jalapeños
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Candied Jalapeños
- Field Pea Relish
- 1. Cook green beans in boiling salted water to cover 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Plunge beans into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain.
- 2. Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat 5 to 6 minutes or until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 2 Tbsp. drippings in skillet.
- 3. Sauté shallots in hot olive oil and reserved hot drippings over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown and tender. Stir in jalapeño syrup and vinegar. Increase heat to medium-high; add green beans. Sauté 5 minutes or until hot. Add salt and pepper to taste. Toss with bacon. Serve with jalapeños and relish.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note