- 2 pounds haricots verts (thin green beans), trimmed
- 4 thick hickory-smoked bacon slices, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick pieces
- 6 large shallots, quartered
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup syrup from Candied Jalapeños
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Candied Jalapeños
- Field Pea Relish
How to Make It
Cook green beans in boiling salted water to cover 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Plunge beans into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain.
Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat 5 to 6 minutes or until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 2 Tbsp. drippings in skillet.
Sauté shallots in hot olive oil and reserved hot drippings over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown and tender. Stir in jalapeño syrup and vinegar. Increase heat to medium-high; add green beans. Sauté 5 minutes or until hot. Add salt and pepper to taste. Toss with bacon. Serve with jalapeños and relish.