Very good weeknight recipe. Not spectacular, but very tasty and easy. I took the other reviewers' advice and tripled the spice mix as the tilapia filets were large (and could have used even more spice, I think). I added 1/2 - 1 t of garlic powder to the spice mix, too. Added a good squeeze of fresh lemon juice to the cilantro butter as it needed some additional pizazz. Slathered the cilantro butter on filets while still hot in the pan, then topped filets with fresh pico de gallo salsa (chopped red onion, tomatoes, jalapenos, cilantro and avocado) on the plate. Served with a grilled corn and black bean salad. Ole!
Skillet Fillets with Cilantro Butter
Any mild white fish such as cod, flounder, or orange roughy would also be delicious in place of tilapia. Serve these brightly flavored fillets with sautéed spinach or a green salad.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 fillet and about 2 teaspoons cilantro butter)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 194
- Calories from fat: 32%
- Fat: 6.9g
- Saturated fat: 3.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 30.5g
- Carbohydrate: 1.2g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Cholesterol: 88mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 354mg
- Calcium: 32mg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) tilapia fillets
- Cooking spray
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Combine first 3 ingredients; sprinkle over both sides of fish. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Coat both sides of fish with cooking spray; place in pan. Cook 3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness. Place fish on a serving platter; squeeze lemon quarters over fish.
- Place butter and remaining ingredients in a small bowl; stir until well blended. Serve with fish.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note