Skillet Cornbread with Dried Cranberries & Sage
Community Recipe from
- 1 1/3 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup(s) fine cornmeal
- 1/3 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 11/2 cup(s) plain soy milk
- 1 tablespoon(s) white wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup(s) margarine, melted and cooled
- 2 whole(s) eggs
- 1 cup(s) dried cranberries
- 2 1/2 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh sage or 1 teaspoon ground dried sage
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, whisk together soy milk and vinegar and let sit 5 minutes or until lumpy. Combine with margarine and eggs and whisk well. Stir into dry mixture and add cranberries and sage and mix until just combined. Pour into a 12-inch cast iron skillet and bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned and springy to the touch. Cool for 10 to 15 minutes before cutting into wedges to serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Yiskah and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Skillet Cornbread with Dried Cranberries & Sage Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breads
More Recipes for Main Dishes