The Twist: It's a dead ringer for the cast-iron classic--minus the traditional skilletful of bacon drippings.
This recipe goes with Panzanella Salad with Cornbread Croutons
More From Southern Living
Other: 40 Minutes
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 3/4 cups self-rising white cornmeal mix
- 2 cups nonfat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 425°. Coat bottom and sides of a 10-inch cast-iron skillet with canola oil; heat in oven 5 minutes. Meanwhile, whisk together cornmeal mix, buttermilk, flour, egg, melted butter, and sugar. Pour batter into hot skillet. Bake 25 to 30 minutes until golden.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note