I've used this recipe numerous times. It is a great cornbread recipe.
If you love to crumble cornbread into buttermilk and eat it with a spoon, this is a great recipe for the job.
Yield: 6 servings
- 2 to 3 teaspoons bacon drippings
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1 3/4 cups white cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Coat bottom and sides of a 10-inch cast-iron skillet with bacon drippings; heat in a 450° oven.
- Whisk together buttermilk and egg. Add cornmeal, stirring well. Whisk in baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Pour batter into hot skillet.
- Bake at 450° for 15 minutes or until cornbread is golden.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This